In the Business Studies program, students are provided an opportunity to establish an introductory-level foundation in administration, customer service, accounting, sales and marketing, project management, and entrepreneurship. The Business Studies program at STVT can help you develop a foundation to become an essential member of an office team. Students who complete this program are prepared to perform general office duties, set goals and deadlines for departments as they align with business expectations, and compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement.
Why should I enroll in Business Studies?
How do you know if training in Business Studies is the right fit for you? Here are some things to consider:
- You are good at data entry
- You enjoy solving problems
- You are organized
- You work well in a business setting
If this is the type of work environment or career path that sounds appealing to you, Business Studies could be a great choice for you.
What are the common job duties and skills of a Business Studies Graduate?
Students can expect their job duties to vary depending on the industry that they enter.
- Typing or word processing
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems
- Schedule appointments and receive customers or visitors
- Obtain information, send correspondence, or perform data entry
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions
- Provide general information to staff, clients, or the public
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Take purchase requests from various departments within a company
- Get price quotes from suppliers
- Maintain and review purchasing files and price-lists
- Bookkeeping and compiling business transactions
How much can I expect to earn?
The median hourly wage for general office clerks was $15.74 in May 2018. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $9.84, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $25.73. These wages can vary based on your position, your schedule and your individual duties in the office.
The STVT Business Studies program prepares you for an entry-level business position. Additionally, you might be eligible for a variety of benefits, such as vacation or sick time, flexible working hours, insurance, and a stable work/life balance. Each position is different so it is a good idea to weigh all your options when presented with a position so that you accept an offer in a setting you will be successful in.**
If you are searching for a career in Business Studies, contact us today, and we can answer any questions you have about our computer accounting course. We know that a decision to attend STVT is an important step in your personal and professional life, and we are committed to making sure that you have the information you need to make a career training decision that’s right for you.
STVT offers Business Studies at these Texas locations:
Programs vary by location.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.