HVAC Technician Training Program
Create Your New Future
HVAC Training Program Details
South Texas Vocational Technical Institute’s Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Basic Refrigeration program prepares you to pursue a successful career in commercial and residential HVAC maintenance. This hands-on Basic Refrigeration and HVAC program helps you learn the skills to be a successful repair professional and member of the team. Our HVAC and Refrigeration program emphasizes hands-on learning and worksite safety. STVT is proud to offer an HVAC training program in South Texas. Our HVAC training program is available at our Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and McAllen campuses.
*STVT cannot guarantee job placement, salary or employment
*STVT does not guarantee third-party certifications. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by STVT but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to STVT. Therefore, STVT cannot guarantee that graduates will be eligible to take certification examinations, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment.
Along with classroom education, students at STVT will get the opportunity to participate in hands-on training to strengthen their skills.
- Design, construction and operation of various air-conditioning unit applications
- Installation of split and unitary systems
- Application of psychrometric and air properties
- Ladder diagram completion
- Soft copper tubing connection preparation
- Basic electrical understanding
- Air conditioning system design
- Refrigerant reclamation and recycling
- Technician responsibilities
- Ventilation duct design and installation
- Air flow characteristics
- Heat gain/loss calculations
- Refrigeration piping repair
- Electrical circuit troubleshooting and controls
- HVAC/R motor control circuit operation
- Maintenance and repair of gas, natural draft, and standing pilot systems
- Repair of gas furnaces and force draft units
- Maintenance of heating solid circuitry/flame controls
- Heat pump theory and repair
- Customer service
What is NCCER?
Why is NCCER important to you?
Earning NCCER’s industry-recognized credentials means you, having undergone approved training, and have met the standards set by the NCCER. Your universally recognized credentials in your craft represent a national portability of your skills.
Additionally, NCCER manages credentialing and certification through its Registry System, which assists craft trainees and professionals by maintaining their records in a secure database.
NCCER also drives multiple initiatives to enhance career development and recruitment efforts for the industry, primarily through its Build Your Future initiative.
Why is NCCER important to employers?
Many organizations and companies track the qualifications of their craft professionals and possible new hires through NCCER’s Registry System. Those with NCCER credentials may be more desirable to potential employers.
Ready To Enroll?
What our Graduates are saying
“This program is a 10-month program. We keep everybody on the same page. We don’t let anybody fall behind. There’s a lot of information being thrown your way, but like I said, we want everybody to be on the same page. We really stress safety, because electricity can do some harm. The torch as well, it burns at degrees I don’t even know, but it’ll burn through metal, so it’ll burn through your skin. Safety is very important for us, especially here in the lab.”
I was helped in so many ways. You know, I couldn’t be more grateful and blessed, you know, to have the staff here at STVT – the students that I was with and my instructors. It couldn’t have been any better.