Combination Welding Program
Create Your New Future
*STVT does not guarantee third-party certifications. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by STVT but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to STVT. Therefore, STVT cannot guarantee that graduates will be eligible to take certification examinations, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment.
Along with classroom education, students at STVT will get the opportunity to participate in hands-on training to strengthen their skills.
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Open V grooves
- Flat and horizontal welds
- Stainless steel grooves
- CNC cutting
- Plasma arc cutting
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) and Flux core arc welding (FCAW)
- Safe equipment use
- Stringer bead and weave bead construction
- Proper plate positioning and welding
- GMAW pipe welding techniques
- GMAW stringer bead preparation
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)
- Interpass temperature control
- Position padding
- Open-groove welds in multiple positions
- Procedures to preserve weldment strength
- V-groove pile and pipe welds
Ready To Enroll?
Start at STVT to begin the skills-based career training you’ve been dreaming of. Our flexible scheduling and affordable options make it a great place for you to pursue your diploma in Combination Welding. Talk to an admissions representative today.
What our Graduates are saying
I was helped in so many ways. You know, I couldn’t be more grateful and blessed, you know, to have the staff here at STVT – the students that I was with and my instructors. It couldn’t have been any better.
I would like to say to the staff at STVT, thank you so much for all your help. I appreciate it so much. You have no idea what an inspiration and motivation y’all have made on my life and my daughter’s life as well.
I heard about STVT with commercials when I was just sitting down one night. I heard a commercial about it – saw that they offered the dental assisting program – saw that it was just a few months instead of, you know, years and that’s something that really did interest me.