Conveniently located on the corner of Price and Central Boulevard, next to Wellington Square, our campus offers healthcare and dental assistant training in Brownsville, TX. We are less than two miles southwest of Interstate 69E when you take the Price Road exit from the expressway.
Named one of the fastest growing urban areas in America, the town of Brownsville is located on the southernmost tip of Texas, just across the border from Mexico on the northern bank of the Rio Grande. Just 45 minutes from South Padre Island, Brownsville’s semi-tropical climate is delightful for its residents with an average temperature of 74 degrees, rainfall of 25.55 inches, and relative humidity of 75.25%. Each year, tourists flock to the city to learn about its rich history and involvement in the Civil War.
About South Padre Island
Located just 45 minutes from our Brownsville campus, South Padre Island is known to be a popular weekend getaway for STVT students. The barrier island, located right on the Gulf of Mexico, has calm beaches, abundant wildlife, fishing, and watersports, which are just a few things that make this small coastal community a year-round destination.
We offer a technical vocational school that is designed to get you ready for careers that can provide a lifetime of opportunity and features training labs that simulate today’s work environment. Contact us today and schedule a campus visit so you can see how STVT can be the right choice for you.
Programs Offered at our Brownsville, TX Location:
- CDL – In the STVT CDL program students will learn how to properly drive and operate commercial vehicles. Students will learn the fundamentals of proper driving techniques, following safety regulations, and accident and emergency procedures while spending time in both the classroom and behind the wheel. Instructors will teach students the ways of the road and will help prepare students for the CDL examination.
- Dental Assisting – STVT’s Dental Assisting program provides students with the skills and hands-on experience necessary to have a successful career as a dental assistant. With instruction from experienced professors on chairside dental care, paired with an externship component, students graduate from this program with real-world experience that dentist’s offices and other employers are looking for.
- Medical Assisting – STVT’s Medical Assisting program is designed to provide students with the fundamental skills to become a medical assistant. Instruction from industry-experienced professionals provides students with the knowledge necessary to be an instrumental part of a healthcare team. They will learn skills through hands-on instruction, including laboratory procedures, CPR, measuring vital signs, and patient records management. By the end of this program, students will graduate with the skills and experience necessary to be an attractive candidate for today’s top employers.
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology – This program offers students the working knowledge necessary to be part of a medical team as an administrative technology assistant. Through the instruction of industry-trained professors and hands-on experience, students learn how to perform administrative duties such as managing billing and insurance claims, coding medical records, scheduling patient appointments, and more.
- Professional Massage Therapy – As a prominent massage therapy school in Texas, this one-of-a-kind program prepares students in the art of professional massage therapy. This curriculum is a truly unique, hands-on experience, taught by qualified professionals who instruct students on methods such as Swedish massage, hydrotherapy, and other clinical techniques.
If you are interested in healthcare or dentistry education in Brownsville, TX, contact South Texas Vocational Technical Institute today!
To access this campuses student grievance policy, click on the link below: